Download the interview, or listen here:
Kaltura – Powering Video Worldwide
About Ron Yekutiel
Ron is the co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Kaltura, the most widely used online video platform in the market, powering over 150,000 publishers and service providers globally. Ron is a serial technology entrepreneur, starting and leading companies in Israel, US, and Canada in the fields of Internet, mobile applications, and security. Previous ventures include Destinator Technologies, Paradigm Advanced Technologies, and VisualGate Systems. Ron holds an MBA with honors from the Wharton School of Business and writes a weekly column for Entrepreneur.com.
Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience.
Provider of the world’s first Open Source Online Video Platform, Kaltura offers a wide array of video software solutions to companies and organizations worldwide. Customers vary from media providers and telecommunication companies (Disney, Paramount, HBO and more), through enterprises, to the world’s top educational institutions, where Kaltura provides tools for learning and teaching with the assistance of video. Kaltura’s modular platform for video applications enables the company to deploy a wide array of products for a wide array of markets, where each customer can choose only those applications that serve its own needs.
Since it was founded in 2006, Kaltura has raised a total of $105 million, making it one of the few Israeli startups to have raised more than $100 million before going public.
What you will learn in this interview
- How Kaltura is changing the world by powering video 01:37
- How spending time overseas contributes to a career in entrepreneurship 07:38
- Choosing the right co-founders 11:09
- Growing company culture from day one 16:47
- The future of online video 18:10
- The vision for Kaltura 21:01
- Best tip EVER for pitching to an investor 26:28
Resources and Links mentioned
- Kaltura’s official website
- Ron’s official page on Entrepreneur.com
- Bill Gates: how online courses can radically improve education by 2030 (The Verge)
Join our mission to spread the word about Israeli innovation.